About This Gift
With a charitable lead trust, you can donate to the National Center on Sexual Exploitation, and then pass your assets to your heirs at reduced tax rates. There are several types of lead trusts that you can use to show your support of NCOSE. You can fund your trust with cash, stock, bonds, land, or other assets.
How It Works
1. You contribute cash, securities or other property to your trust.
2. Your trust makes annual payments to NCOSE for a specified term of years.
3. When your trust ends, the remaining funds go to your heirs.
· You qualify for a tax deduction.
· The payments reduce or even eliminate the transfer taxes due when the remaining funds revert to your heirs.
· All appreciation that takes place in your trust becomes tax-free to your heirs.
· You can use your available estate tax credit (consult with your financial advisor for the current applicable amount) to further reduce the taxes on transfers to your heirs.
· You have the satisfaction of making a gift to NCOSE now that reduces the taxes due on transfers to your heirs later.
If you have any questions about charitable lead trusts, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have and to provide you with an illustration demonstrating your specific tax benefits.