About This Gift
The value of the assets you use to fund your charitable remainder unitrust will determine the income payment percentage that you or your beneficiary will receive annually for making the gift. The percentage of payment can be up to 50% of the assets fair market value. Your trust’s assets will be valued on an annual basis to determine the amount you will receive. This gift also allows the flexibility of additional gifts if you wish to add to your gift at any time.
How It Works
1. You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into your trust.
2. Your trust pays a percentage of the market value of the assets re-valued annually to you or to beneficiaries you name.
3. When your trust ends, the remaining funds pass to the National Center on Sexual Exploitation.
· You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to your trust.
· You do not pay capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
· You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
· You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
· You have the satisfaction of making a gift that benefits you and NCOSE
If you have any questions about a charitable remainder unitrust, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.